Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type of Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work: 30 hours/week
Shuswap Community Foundation (SCF) provides an ongoing contribution to the quality of life in our community through building endowments, grant making and community leadership.
Reporting to the Manager, the Administrative Assistant is a key position within Shuswap Community Foundation. You will often be the first person that donors, grantees, volunteers and the general public will encounter when they approach the foundation for information and assistance.
The Administration Assistant ensures the office and organization runs effectively by providing administrative support to our Donors, the Manager and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for phone and office reception;
- Assisting donors with phone, online, and in-person donations;
- Maintaining office filing systems, both electronic and hard copies (Deeds of Gift, Grant Agreements);
- Responsible for inputting data into and maintaining internal software program (DonorPerfect) – issuing of receipts and donor acknowledgement;
- Monthly accounting of accounts payable and posting of donations
- Record minutes for board meetings;
- Prepare notices of award and cheque requests for SCF Spring and Fall grant cycles, as well as City of Salmon Arm and District of Sicamous Grants in Aid programs;
- Liaise with donors, City of Salmon Arm staff and service providers to administer the Memorial Walkway Program;
- Identifying areas where office services could be made more efficient and effective;
- Update SCF Website and Social Media accounts as needed;
- Coordinating any necessary outgoing mail outs, manage incoming mail;
- Responsible for general office technical assistance, including but not limited to phone system support and internet, email, and troubleshooting;
- Supporting the Manager by preparing necessary information and documentation for the Board of Directors & Administration Committee;
- Supporting the Manager with document preparation, and general questions;
Annual Report and Office Administration
- Working with the Manager and past templates; responsible for the development of Shuswap Community Foundation’s annual Community Report,
- Assist with the planning of Shuswap Community Foundation’s Annual Community Meeting.
Skills & Attributes
- 1-2 years of experience working in office administration,
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and competing priorities,
- Good interpersonal skills to assist donors, volunteers and the community
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format,
- Good technical understanding of office processes and the ability to learn new skills quickly,
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel,
- Experience in Customer Relations Management Software is an asset.
Your complete application package must include a cover letter, resume, and the names of at least 2 work-related references. Please ensure that “Administrative Assistant” is quoted in the email subject line. Submit applications to Roger Parenteau, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted On: January 28, 2020
Closing Date: February 21, 2020
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.