Small Things Can Have a Big Impact
The Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG) is a new grant stream created to support small scale community projects from across the province that:
- build community strength and resilience,
- foster community creativity and well being, and
- alleviate social isolation.
Our grants range from $50 to $500. A grant is money we give you to help you bring your project to life. You must apply for the grant, but you do not need to pay the money back.
Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG) is guided by the following principles:
- Everyone has gifts: Anyone can offer their ideas, talents, skills, experiences and contacts to build a strong community
- Small is powerful: Small amounts of money have a potential to bring powerful changes in community in forms of new relationships, increased self-confidence, leadership development, stronger sense of place and creation of local traditions
- Local decisions are best: Community members from diverse backgrounds and experiences get an opportunity to make decisions on who should get the grants in their community
- Where we live matters: the grants enable anyone to team up with their neighbour and come up with a project that they can carry out within an area of where they live and based on what they think works best in their community
- We learn together: There is no single right way to build community so anyone involved in the program will have many opportunities to learn, share, reflect, exchange and capture knowledge, skills and information that they can use within and beyond the program
- Everyone is invited: The program is accessible and inclusive to anyone living in an NSG area no matter their age, ethnicity, income, cultural background, gender, ability and sexual orientation